We’re recruiting for a new role: W&LLR administrative and marketing assistant
Join the Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway team and help build a new role supporting the administration of the railway and its marketing.
· A double role: you will be responsible for processes and systems to help make the office run smoothly, and for implementing the marketing strategy which will call for both creative thinking and rigorous analysis.
· You are the receptionist, public voice of the railway, and record keeper both paper and electronic. You respond to customer enquiries, take and adjust individual and group bookings, keep diaries and order supplies.
· You help the General Manager develop the annual marketing plan, then execute it with print and digital channels, compose advertisements, measure results and keep relevant records, including contact with suppliers
· We’re a small team, so we all pitch in with other tasks, including special event management and backup in the tearoom and shop.
The skills you will need:
· Accuracy and facility in spoken and written English,
· Sound knowledge of key computer applications including Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop
· Ability to compose graphics such as advertisements and posters
· Statistical analysis for marketing information, including databases and charts
· Numeracy and basic profit and loss accounting for financial records
· Personal organization and self-motivation
· Ability to collaborate effectively with a small group of paid and volunteer colleagues
Even better if you come with:
· Welsh language
· Descriptive advertising and editorial copywriting
· Experience in a marketing environment
· Knowledge of the heritage railway sector
The practical stuff
· It’s a regular position, ideally 8:30am-4:30pm, 3 days a week, Monday and two other weekdays, at Llanfair Caereinion, near Welshpool.
· There’s some flexibility and possibly some additional hours.
· Salary commensurate with your experience, plus pension contributions and a bonus scheme.
· Please email your CV and a covering letter about your interest to Charles Spencer, General Manager, at Charles.email@example.com; The deadline for applications is 7 April 2017.
· Please include a chart comparing the populations of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.