Full time, Permanent position available for an experienced Estimator, office based at Hi Spec Doorsets, Vastre Industrial Estate, Newtown, or home based within a 70 mile radius of Newtown.
Hi Spec Doorsets are a manufacturer of specialist internal fire and acoustic rated doorsets, as well as non fire rated product for the commercial and domestic construction market.
As an Estimator, you will review, prepare and submit accurate quotations based on detailed information supplied by the customer. You will prepare and adhere to a daily/weekly priority plan for return of quotations based on tender due dates, discussions with customers and/or requirements identified by the HSD team.
To be successful you need to demonstrate minimum 1 year previous experience in an estimating or costing role, generating quotations, preferably within the construction and/or manufacturing industry. You will have strong communication skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and flexibility to travel as required. It is essential that you have completed A level or equivalent level of education and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office packages, in particular, excel.
· Educated to A – Level education or equivalent
· Minimum 1 year previous experience in an estimating or costing role.
· Experience in generating quotations.
· Experiencing of interpreting & understanding construction based drawings and floor plans
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, in particular, Excel.
· Ability to work to strict deadlines.
· Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills.
· Be customer focused.
· Good technical writing and verbal communication skills
· Good attention to detail
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team and coordinate scope of work between in-house departments.
· Flexibility to travel throughout the UK, Ireland and other locations as dictated by the needs of the business to develop existing and secure new customer accounts.
· Full, clean driving licence
Key Terms & Conditions
Hours of work
40 Hours per week inclusive of break times.
Mon – Thurs 8.00am – 5pm, Fri 8am to 2pm
To be discussed at interview
5.6 weeks inclusive of all statutory holidays and factory closures.
“Profit share” bonuses apply. Non-contractual
· Please forward CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of Friday 14th April 2017 at 12pm
· Further details are available from our website: http://www.hispecdoorsets.co.uk/about/careers/