Salary: £17,169 per annum
Location: Powys; Welshpool (60%) & Newtown (40%)
Closing date: Thursday 29th March 2017
As a result of its successful bid, Kaleidoscope is excited to be recruiting for a Peer Mentor as part of the Out Of Work Service. This is a new European Funded Peer Mentoring Service.
We will be looking for a Peer Mentor, to cover the Powys area, including Welshpool and Newtown.
This role will specifically look at providing support, supervision and mentoring of Assistant Peer Mentors, as well as working alongside them to deliver services and outcomes for the scheme.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Source potential participants through referral routes.
· Provide support and guidance to all participants being referred onto the project.
· Assess candidates for suitability for further training and make appropriate referrals
· Source training and employment opportunities for a caseload of participants with the support of the Remploy Employment Specialist.
· Work with the Assistant Peer Mentors in bringing training and employment opportunities for participants to a positive outcome. This will include goal setting, CV writing, support with job applications, attendance at interviews and on-going placements.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual with a varied skill set. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
For full details of the role and to apply for the position please visit: www.kaleidoscopeproject.org.uk/latest-vacancies
Out of Work Service
“The Out-of-Work Service is funded by the Welsh Government and the European Social Fund.”